Shahi Gulab Jamun/Dry Jamun is a favorite Indian sweet in all regions. It’s mainly found in parties, weddings and even in Indian thalis, Shahi Gulab Jamun happens to be one of the desserts served after the meals. Soft sugar syrup soaked delicious balls are a treat always. Sometimes to satisfy our sweet cravings, I make this shahi gulab jamun to feel shahi!
For Gulab Jamun balls
- 250 gms Mawa/ Gits flour
- All purpose flour (optional for tightening )
- 1 tbsp Milk
- Oil for frying
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1.5 cup Water
- Cardamom powder
- Saffron – few strands
- 4 tbsp Grated coconut powder – for coating
Step by Step Process
- Grate the mawa / gits flour and milk mix well.
- Make a soft and smooth dough.
- Roll small balls from dough between your palms.
- All the balls are made in the same way.
- Heat enough oil in a pan for deep frying.
- Deep fry the gulab jamun on low heat till golden brown.
- For syrup, Heat sugar and water in a pan till sugar dissolves.
- Keep in a medium flame for 10 mins.
- When it gets stick it means syrup is ready.
- Add cardamom powder and saffron and mix well.
- Place the fried gulab jamun in the sugar syrup.
- Soak them for two hours.
- Coat them with grated coconut powder and serve.
Delicious Shahi Gulab Jamun are ready to serve!